We’re pretty busy over the next few weeks, so the posting schedule may be a little erratic.
I bought a giant bag of potatoes so I could make potatoes with corned beef. But of course, I only need a few, so now we have a lot of leftover potatoes.
One way I used some up is by making hasselback potatoes, also known as accordion potatoes.
They are fun to eat and to look at. This is the simple version with just some seasoning and oil. I’ve also added shredded cheese to them before baking, which is also delicious.
- 4 medium sized potatoes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 400F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Wash potatoes and then dry off with a towel.
- Using a sharp knife, slice slits into the potato until you reach about ¾ of the way to the bottom of the potato. Continue to make these inserts across the potato length, spacing them about ⅛ inch apart.
- Place potatoes on a baking sheet.
- Brush the potatoes with olive oil. Then sprinkle on garlic powder, salt and pepper to taste.
- Bake for 20-40 minutes (depending on the size of your potatoes), or until the skin is crispy and the inside of the potato is soft. Garnish with chopped parsley if desired before serving.