A few weeks ago, I experimented with making some lemon brownies. They didn’t quite turn out as planned, but they still taste pretty good. They taste like a cross between a sugar cookie and a cake. I just love that they are super easy to make.
I recently picked up some lemons from my mom’s garden so I’ll have to work again on creating the brownie recipe and some other lemon treats. I really love the bright yellow color of these bars.
- 1 stick unsalted butter, softened
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs
- 4 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease an 8 x 8 pan. Beat butter and sugar with stand mixer until soft and fluffy.
- Add in eggs, vanilla, lemon juice, lemon zest and vanilla extract and mix until combined. Pour in flour and salt and mix on low speed until just combined.
- Pour batter into pan and smooth out with spatula. Bake for about 20 minutes until toothpick inserted comes out clean.