We hope everyone has a safe and Happy New Year!
We have a lot of stories to share via comics from our holiday travels. But first, here’s one of our favorite cookie recipes from our holiday cookie baking this year.
I try to make about 4-5 different kinds of cookies for friends and family every year during the holidays. Baking so many at once is exhausting. I try to throw a quick one in to ease the burden and this one is as easy as it gets.
They aren’t overly sweet which is great because my parents are always complaining that most desserts are too sweet. They are festive because they resemble snowballs. And they keep really well so you can make them ahead of time.
- 1 cup butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 6 tablespoons confectioners’ sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup finely chopped pecan
- Confectioners’ sugar for dusting
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- In a medium bowl, cream butter and vanilla until smooth. Combine the 6 tablespoons confectioners’ sugar and flour; stir into the butter mixture until just blended. Mix in the chopped pecans. Roll dough into balls about 3/4 of an inch. Place them 2 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 12 minutes in the preheated oven. After cookies have cooled, dust with additional confectioners’ sugar.