The Holidays are here and we’ve been busy busy. We put up our tree, began Christmas gift shopping, and now I’m testing holiday sweet recipes to figure out what to make for friends and family this year.
This peppermint bark is super easy to make and gift. You can make it in large batches and it lasts longer than baked goods. To customize it further, you can always add holiday sprinkles, etc.
- 1 12 oz bag white chocolate chips
- 1 tsp peppermint extract
- 1 cup crushed peppermint candies
- Melt chocolate in a large glass bowl, at 30 second intervals, stirring in between, until chocolate is completely melted and smooth. This should take about 2-3 minutes. Add in peppermint extract and mix.
- Line a 9 x 13 pan with parchment paper. Pour in chocolate, spread with spatula if needed, until chocolate is evenly spread across the pan. Bang the bottom of the pan against a hard surface a few times to settle chocolate and eliminate air pockets. Sprinkle crushed peppermint candies on top.
- Place into fridge or freezer to set for several hours. When ready, break sheet into small pieces.