Mr. P and I are obsessed with savory truffles and truffle oil flavored foods. Last weekend, I made a batch of popcorn flavored with truffle oil and truffle cream. We really loved it.
Making your own flavored popcorn is super simple. You just pop regular popcorn and then flavor it however you want.
First, I used some white truffle oil. But it didn’t seem strong enough for me. So then I also added a dollop of white truffle cream which has more truffle essence. I had to melt it first so it would mix in. I purchased both from Amazon here and here.
This was devoured in a matter of minutes. We’ll definitely be making it again soon.
White Truffle Popcorn
- 1/4 cup popcorn kernels or 1 bag plain microwave popcorn, popped
- 2-3 tbsp of white truffle oil
- 1-2 tbsp white truffle cream (heated and melted in microwave)
- Parmesan cheese, grated (optional)
- Pop popcorn according to instructions. Remove popcorn and place in a large oversized bowl. While popcorn is still hot, drizzle the white truffle oil and stir combine. Also add the white truffle cream with the truffle oil if using. Sprinkle with grated parmesan cheese if desired. Serve immediately.